Fitter (Accommodation)Location: Essex
We are looking to recruit an experienced Fitter to join our workshop in our Essex Depot.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full Time
Nixon Hire Overview
Established 52 years ago, Nixon Hire is a UK leader in the provision of construction equipment.
Our core product offering includes plant, accommodation, welfare facilities, toilets and modular buildings.
With over 24,000 assets and 300 product lines, we supply products and services to commercial and domestic customers. Nixon Hire operate from over 20 Depot locations, from which our products are prepared and dispatched for hire or for sale and are refurbished or configured as required.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Repairing / overhauling and maintaining accommodation generators economically and efficiently both at depots and on site.
- Ensuring that customer breakdowns are dealt with in a timely manner to limit downtime, and machines are serviced in time to ensure hire commitments are met.
- Carrying out general maintenance and refurbishment of security accommodation units and other items of plant/vehicles, economically and efficiently, recording any repair necessary as a result of customer damage and raising paperwork to ensure customer is charged appropriately.
- Liaising with Stores Department to ensure adequate levels of timber/lino/boarding etc are maintained.
- Ensuring all repair work necessary as a result of customer damage is recorded and paperwork is raised to ensure customer is charged appropriately.
- Salvaging usable parts from machines being repaired / scrapped.
- Carrying out any electrical, joinery and plumbing tasks as required to meet the demands of site accommodation hires.
- Carrying out minor welding tasks when required.
- Preparing and painting accommodation units including recording remedial work necessary as a result of customer damage and raising paperwork to ensure customer is charged appropriately.
- Carrying out minor painting jobs throughout depot.
- Ensuring tools and spray equipment are used correctly, adequately maintained and cleaned, tested before use, and securely stored.
- NVQ/CITB qualification
- A Minimum of two years' experience as a fitter
- Full clean Driving License
- Competitive Salary
- Workplace pension
- 23 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays on starting
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com