Hire and Sales ControllerLocation: Central Support Office (Newcastle)
We are looking to recruit a number of Hire and Sales Controllers to be based in our Central Support Office.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: 40 Hours
Nixon Hire Overview
Established 52 years ago, Nixon Hire is a UK leader in the provision of construction equipment. Our core product offering includes plant, accommodation, welfare facilities, toilets and modular buildings.
With over 24,000 assets and 300 product lines, we supply products and services to commercial and domestic customers. Nixon Hire operate from Depot locations nationwide, from which our products are prepared and dispatched for hire or for sale and are refurbished or configured as required.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring all enquiries are responded to in a timely manner
- Offering customers an efficient, knowledgeable and courteous service, to ensure their requirements are identified and met within the timescale required by the customer and arranging for the Company to deliver the required product
- Ensuring that each sale is profitable by ensuring all transport, parts for repair and value are considered
- Raising and processing quotes and ensuring all sales are processed and invoiced correctly, liaising with accounts/credit control as required
- Working with the Transport & Logistics team to ensure collection and delivery of used equipment from depot network to Sales division in a timely manner to meet customer requirements. Ensuring all requirements are detailed in the system to enable all instructions are communicated to all required personnel involved in delivering a transaction. Ensuring all transactions are correctly completed to ensure successful delivery and to avoid queries.
- Ensure customers are followed up with, to ensure successful delivery and obtain any feedback regarding equipment and service.
- Ensuring product knowledge is maintained at an adequate level, requesting any necessary training in product awareness and participating in any training programmes.
- Understand how to make products appeal to consumers based on their business and environment. Offering new innovative products.
- Contacting customers from various resources to generate 'sales opportunities', updating our database.
- Liaise with Sales team to maximise sales opportunity across the depot network.
- Dealing with all after sales and queries.
The following attributes are essential for the role:
- A background in B2B sales or account management
- Experience of dealing with customers and clients over the telephone or face to face
- Ability to work in a pressurised and target-driven environment
- Ability to prioritise your own workload
- Excellent customer service, communication and relationship building skills
- Attention to detail
- Confident decision making
- Adaptable, flexible thinker
- Driving new ideas
- Problem solving
- Approachable and positive attitude
- Excellent IT skills, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Competitive salary
- Workplace Pension
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays on starting
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com